Saturday, March 17, 2012

Water Park in Lima




This week marks my second full week in Peru as well as my first week of classes. While I am primarily in Peru for studying and learning Spanish, I also love the added fun of learning about Peru’s culture and visiting interesting sites in Peru. Yesterday we were able to walk through a lovely set of exhibits at the Circuito Magico del Agua, which is a large park with beautiful fountains, a lighted water show, and other artistic pieces.

Going back to the roots of this blog I wanted to infuse my blog today with a few more photos than normal just to show a little more of the artsy side of what I have been looking at. I hope you enjoy the added photos! Which photo do you enjoy the most from today’s blog?

When we first entered the waterpark there was a beautiful teacup fountain that was very appealing, but unfortunately for me the marvel of the image was tattered with my childhood fear of the movie Alice and Wonder Land. That being said, it was a pretty!

Further on in the park I really enjoyed the statue of Optimus Prime because not only was it a cool looking sculpture, but also in a way it was a transformer because it was made out of all recycled bricks.

This image is actually a close up of one of the fountains where I used an extended shutter and twisted the camera during the shot to get a curvy look to the photo.

As it started to get late at the park things went from beautiful to absolutely breathtaking. The added lights shining through the fountains and the new highlights on other exhibits really added a rich look to the artistry! The flowerpot and house was a flattering image that highlights the important use of angles when shooting photos. This particular photo would not have been near as pleasing to the eye if it weren’t for a view looking up from the path that followed along the house.



The final three pictures were a lovely example of the enhancement the lights had on the fountains. The fountains in this picture were part of a music and light show presentation with elaborate color schemes and dancing lights! I am hoping to put together a short video of the park so stay tuned for an update letting you know when that video is posted.

Overall the whole park provided for a very enjoyable Friday afternoon with my new friends from my ISA program and my many new Peruvian friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment