Thursday, March 1, 2012

Time to start packing...


I don't know about you, but when I am about to go on a big trip I always save packing till the very last minute possible. While some people like to pack weeks early and be prepared to leave at a minutes notice, I always am the guy who puts the last thing in the bag while running out the door. Yes this may cause a little extra stress to those around me, but it helps me to focus on the here and now and not revel on what I am about to do. For me putting off packing helps me to stay calm and keep focused on the tasks at hand. If I were to start putting things together too far in advance it would be like waiting for Santa Clause on Christmas Eve...it would be impossible to sleep!

Today I finally started to put everything together and get a start on my packing. That being said, I haven't put a single things into my bags yet. As the day draws to a close I still have a number of laundry baskets full of clothes and other "essential" items to take with me set aside, but none of it has been packed away. While it may look like a "hot mess," I feel at ease and tomorrow I will finish up the last few errands before finally packing my bags for Peru.

Besides packing I have been getting an unprecedented amount of emails, phone calls, texts, facebook messages, and even a beautiful serenading! I don't know what it is about going away that makes everyone so excited to contact me, but I am definitely feeling the love poured out over my life right now! I would again just like to thank everyone for reaching out and giving me words of encouragement as I head off to Peru! Your prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated! I hope that through reading my blog you will be able to get a glimpse of what I am up to in Peru and be able to hear the many stories of the amazing things that I am being blessed with through my travels!

Thanks again for reading and subscribing to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment