Sunday, March 4, 2012

On my way!!!







Wow this thing is really happening!!! Right now I on my first of three flights in route to Lima, Peru. After loading up the last few things in my bags this morning I went to the airport with my family and officially started on my journey to South America!

In the last few days I have been running around getting the last few things purchased for my trip as well as saying the last few goodbyes before I left to Peru (although while running around I had a friendly reminder by a moose that the speed limit in the neighborhood was 25 mph). The outpouring of love that people have given me over the last few days has blown me away! From songs, to emails, to phone calls, to hugs goodbye every last farewell wish has really meant a lot to me!

As I head off to Peru I figured I should take a few more quick pictures of the beautiful Alaskan home so above you will see a picture of my igloo, a moose that was chilling outside my house, a picture of me and my cougar banner outside the airport, and finally a nice view out my window on my first flight..

On the note of the cougar banner…I have to say I love being a WSU Coug because no matter where I am it seems like there is a fellow Coug around me. Today at the airport I was going through security and the guy behind me says, “GO COUGS!!!” I love the deep bond of all the Cougs out there and I am excited to spread that energy to Peru!

In just about 16 hours I will be touching down in Peru and meeting up with my program staff and host family. Please continue to pray for me as I am abroad and be sure to continue checking in on my blog to see what I am up to. As I said before I really do appreciate the support and I look forward to reading your comments as I share about my adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Hey buddy!
    Praying for you! We miss you here in Pullman! Enjoy this journey God has you on! We will eagerly await to hear all that God is doing not only in you but also in the lives of those around you that you will be touching!
    So excited for you!
    God bless you!
    <3 and Prayers!
    Melissa D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa, I miss everyone in Pullman a lot and it's good to hear from people from there! I am glad I get to share my journey with you all!

    ReplyDelete