Monday, March 28, 2011

Jamaica Day 8


Well now I am safe in the US, but still faced with another 11 hours of travel from Philadelphia to Washington. After waking up and going to the airport I got my bags checked, boarding passes printed, and I even got the airlines to give me a voucher for breakfast! With breakfast in hand and a pillow to sleep on I boarded my flight to Phoenix and was on my way home again.

The flight to Phoenix zipped by seeing how I was counting stars as I was zonked out up against the window. Once I arrived in Phoenix I got a small bite to eat and then prepared for my next flight. While waiting for my next flight I was blessed to find out a friend from school set up a ride for me with his parents so that I could get from Spokane, WA to Pullman, WA. Although I was tired and ready for bed, I was feeling pretty good because I was within hours of being back to my dorm and my bed!

After arriving in Spokane I waited a little while and then was picked up by my friend’s parents: Carol and Curtis Troll. Once my bags were loaded in the car we I joined the Trolls in a few errands to Home Depot and Costco. Although at that time I should have been back at school, it was great to spend time with some friends and have some good conversation.

About an hour after I got back to my dorm I went to a Bible Study before crashing for the night. While very tired, I got a second wind of energy when my phone rang and I realized my driver Wayne was calling me. While brief, it was great to hear from Wayne as he was making sure I was home safely and he told me to go to bed because I sounded tired. At that moment I realized that although it may have cost a bit extra to get “stranded” in Jamaica for one last day, it was truly a blessing because in that last day I was able to make a new friend, spend another night with a group of new friends, and partake on an exciting adventure of getting back home!

All together my weeklong trip to Jamaica left me feeling renewed and excited for what is in store for me in the next few years. While my trip started out as an alternative service break, it ended up being a life changing experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment