Monday, March 28, 2011

Jamaica Day 7

While originally I was supposed to be home on Day #7 I was blessed with one final day of adventures in Jamaica and the travel back home. Since we were all leaving this morning we woke up at about 6:00 in order to get everything packed and ready to depart at 7:30. Since we were all very tired the majority of us slept the three hour bus ride to the airport.


Once we arrived at the airport we spent the next few hours waiting in line to check bags and get through customs. After going through customs we had a little bit of time to fill up on some food and then board our flight. In general the flight from Jamaica to Philadelphia went very smoothly, I was editing pictures throughout the whole flight. Following our arrival to Philadelphia, however, I got the news that my connecting flight had already left before I got back through customs. While I had booked a different flight, somehow I was assigned a different itinerary, thus my flight left before I could get on it. Thankfully I worked with the airlines to get a hotel for the night so I could get a little rest before my 6:55 AM flight the next morning.


Upon arriving at the hotel I was grateful to hear I had a single room with a king size bed all to myself for the night, so I grabbed some food and went to my room to jump in bed and watch some basketball. Although it wasn’t too late I made sure to get to bed so I would feel marginally rested by the time my alarm clock rudely woke me at 5:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment