Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fun and Games outside of Work!




Throughout the first two weeks of the internship there were many fun times had in and outside of the office, but in this blog I want to highlight some of the fun times outside of the office. Family dinners are one thing that I mentioned before, but one of my favorite meals of the summer was when we were getting ready to send off our friend Clint. The night before he left us to go to the Peace Corps we all went out to a Peruvian Restaurant. Since most of us had never experienced this cuisine, Clint and his friend Mason handled ordering for the group. My favorite part of the whole meal was COW HEART!!! While some people are all about animal rights and not hurting animals, I have to say I was very appreciative of the cow's heart that I ate! It was the best cut of steak I had ever had!

Well moving on past the delicious Peruvian dinner, there was good food to be had at our dorms too! One of my favorite meals that we cooked in our dorm was pork chops with naan bread, macaroni, and salad on the side. Marc Fishman (aka Head Chef) was very gracious and cooked a number of meals for me and others who were just so lucky to get in on his cooking. The picture above shows part of the splendor that we made within our dorms.

Outside of food one of the more fun events that took place was going Kayaking! One delightful day a group of us interns decided to hit the Patomac River to go kayaking. Since we had all been to DC there had not been much physical activity taking place, so a day on the water was nice for us all! I had the delight of pairing up with Danielle and we had a grand old time paddling about the river. Since we all wanted to get tan (minus Joan) we decided sunscreen wasn't necessary. Needless to say....we pretty much all got sufficiently burned on the trip. To finish out a great time kayaking I was stoked by a few lovely ladies in bikinis who decided my backside was a good photo opportunity....!

In general life with the interns was something that always presented a laugh when needed, but also provided some sanity to our busy schedule at work!

1 comment:

  1. Finkster...

    I think we had plenty of fun outside of work! Just recalling those fond and fun memories just warms you inside. You gotta have fun while working in and out as well! So overall I love this blog entry! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete