Monday, August 2, 2010

First few weeks in DC!



During the first week or two in DC there was a lot of fun to be had meeting new people, reestablishing friendships, and getting into our element for life in DC. When I first got to DC I was greeted by none other than Clint Armistead. Clint is a fun-loving and down to earth guy who can't help but smile and bring a smile to the faces of people around him. So for me, getting off the plane and seeing Clint was a treat within itself! While we were at the airport we waited for Jenny Zhong to arrive too and then we headed to the George Washington (GW) dorms. Upon arriving at GW we got our keys and things and quickly got all our junk into our building.

When I first stepped into my dorm room all I can recall very vividly that I heard a banjo being played. Since the banjo isn't a common instrument I figured it was music playing, but the Clint exclaimed, "Mark, Daniel is here!!!" At that moment the banjo stopped and curly-haired redhead came our of another room in our dorm. Needless to say, Mark was another one of those guys who you can't help but smile when you see. With a banjo strapped to his back, Mark came out and greeted me.

After meeting my roommate I was introduced to all the pretty ladies across the hall: Laura, Jenny, and Joan. That first night we all went out to Charlie Cheng's to get Chinese food and we all ended up ordering family style so we could all share our meal as one big FAMILY!

Continuing on with the positive atmosphere we set forth on the first day, we decided to have a homemade dinner at the dorms which was a mexican style meal. We made beef burritos and had lettuce and chips and salsa on the side. If this delicious meal wasn't good enough....we had a cake to complement it for dinner! Mark, my roommate, had just turned 21 the week we all arrived so we had dinner and a cake in his honor. When we started eating the cake, Clint, decided that we should finish the WHOLE thing. After eating half the cake as a group everyone but Clint and I were full, so we each took our respective 1/4 of the cake and started to go to town. All I can say after that is that Clint had a bit of trouble trying to manhandle such a massive amount of dessert.

That first week in DC was full of fun and games as we got settled into our dorms and settled in at work. Above are two photos that are from our family dinner and the cake eating contest that Clint and I went through.

1 comment:

  1. Finkster...

    Man I should have been a part of those first week dinners! I know that first week was a fun week and made everyone feel comfortable about being in D.C. I should have had dinner with you all the first week oh well. Keep those blog entries coming! :)

    ReplyDelete