Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Morning Majesty




In the morning I am not normally a person who you would like to be around. This is not to say that I am a boring person or I am not someone who can hold a conversation, but in the morning I resemble characteristics of an ogre more than of a human being. Although you may think of the movie Shrek when I say ogre, I mean more of the nasty and scary types of ogers, not you friendly Shrek type. Needless to say, the beautiful backdrop of the Anchorage Bowl is one that can take your breath away. The two photos above are ones that are taken from the parking lot at my high school. While the morning is typically a bad time for me, when the sky is blue and the mountains are outlined by the rising sun, it is hard for me to be the grump that I normally am at this time. Although I have lived in the state of Alaska all my life, I still find the beauty of the mountains and the cool morning breeze to be things that bring me comfort. To start off the day with a majestic setting like the one above is something I wish everyone could experience from day to day. While waking to this scenery is a treat, I still manage to be an ornery young man in the morning. This imagery shows me that pictures mean more than words, so why ruin the peacefulness of the mountains in the morning, when you could be quiet and just sit back, drink coffee, read the paper, and relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment