Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Corners of Creation






Have you ever taken for granted the beauty that is portrayed from nature as well as man-made things? These three pictures are taken from the base of the Washington Monument in order to give a new perspective on a symbol that represents our country. When taking these photos I wanted to capture an image of a new face of this historical structure in order to give a new vantage point to the viewer. While I was crouched down and leaning against the monument, the clouds were moving at a decent pace and the monument was standing firm in the ground, it appeared as though the massive tower was about to topple onto me, the innocent photographer. This surprise was one that made me think of all the other things I take for granted in life, especially since I have grown up in such a marvelous place, Alaska. Overall this photo shoot of the monument was a great start to a day of touring the Nation's Capital.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment